1954 - Founding

The company was founded in 1954 as a partnership of stockbrokers called Hickman & Grey. In the same year, the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE) was established and we became one of the six founding members (now called the Nairobi Securities Exchange).

1966 - Compiling the NSE 17 Share Index

For nearly 25 years from 1966, Dyer & Blair was solely responsible for compiling the NSE 17 Share Index until the NSE Secretariat assumed the responsibility in 1990.

1956 - Messrs Derek Ingram Dyer & Patrick Murdoch Blair

Messrs Derek Ingram Dyer & Patrick Murdoch Blair took over ownership from Hickman & Grey and its name was officially changed to Dyer & Blair – a name that remains to this day.

1973 - Acquisition by KCB

The Kenya Commercial Bank Limited (KCB) acquired the Dyer & Blair partnership in 1973 and incorporated it into a limited liability company operating as a wholly owned subsidiary of the bank.

1956 - Capital Markets

Development & Transformation Capital Markets

1983 - Present ownership assumed control

1983 saw the last change of hands when the present ownership assumed control.Since then Dyer & Blair has continued to make significant growth by  expanding its range of products and services, making it one of the leading investment banks in East Africa. This led to its conversion into a fully- fledged licensed investment bank in 2004. Dyer & Blair established a regional presence by opening offices in Kampala – Uganda and Kigali – Rwanda